Monday, May 21, 2012

From the Voice of a Sister

I am frequently amazed at how I will encounter something right after I've been thinking about it. Just yesterday I was thinking about sisterhood and the women religious with whom I work. Today, I found this prayer that recognizes the women on whose work we continue to build and live.


A Prayer for the Times

My favorite part is the beginning:


Dear God, creator of women in your own image,born of a woman in the midst of a world half women,carried by women to mission fields around the globe, made known by women to all the children of the earth,give to the women of our timethe strength to persevere,the courage to speak out,the faith to believe in you beyondall systems and institutionsso that your face on earth may be seen in all its beauty,so that men and women become whole,so that the church may be converted to your willin everything and in all ways.




Amen, Sister.

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog