Saturday, September 20, 2008

ultrasound results

When I was pregnant with my babies, ultrasounds were full of excitement.  Sure, I hated having to drink and hold all that water for a couple hours, but I got to see my babies in real-time action.

Now that I'm past the baby-growing phase of life, ultrasounds aren't quite that exciting.  After putting it off for months, I finally got one scheduled for yesterday afternoon.  They've changed the amount of water you need to drink from 40 oz. to 32 oz.  That one less glass of water made a huge, huge difference.  I was uncomfortable from my full bladder, but not unbearably so.

I had a good ultrasound technician, who joked around with me about the magic wand (the ultrasound wand looks like a vibrator--and they cover it with something that looks like a condom) and told me about her new boyfriend (yes, these were related conversations).  Fortunately, she also told me what she was seeing on the test.  I was relieved to know that there was another fibroid.  I had started to worry that perhaps there was something else wrong, or that the pain was all in my head.

I'll call my doctor next week and figure out what my next step is.  But at least I got this one done!

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog