Monday, March 15, 2010

the times, they are a-changin'

Is there really a point to daylight savings time anymore?  Okay, I know it has something to do with energy consumption and providing more daylight so people use less energy to light their homes.  Seriously?  If it's such a great idea, why aren't we doing it year-round?  I remember doing that once as a kid and walking to school in the dark.

Twice a year, I go through nearly a week of feeling jet-lagged as I try to shift my rhythms.  In addition to feeling a bit disoriented throughout the day, my eating habits change and I just feel yucky all day.  At the very least, no one should have to go to school or work on the day after the time change.

Man, am I whiny today. 

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog