Saturday, March 19, 2011

Warning: Bad Gynecological Haiku Ahead...

Then again, is there any good gynecological haiku?

A year before my hysterectomy, I spent Christmas Eve wondering if I would ever even see another Christmas. I was waiting on results from biopsies I'd had of cervical and vaginal lesions.

One night when I couldn't sleep from the worry, I decided to try to write some haiku. I don't know why. I'm not a poet (as you'll see). But just for fun (mine, not yours), I'm going to share it with the world here.

Fibroids
Squeezing inside me
Uterus cramping in pain
Proving that I live

The Neck
From womb to the world
Passageway for my children
Bringer of my death

The Cell
Dysplasia, lesions
Prison of my own making
Life out of control

Female
Breast cancer steals breasts.
My womanhood? So I thought.
Life is at the core.

This reminds me. It's time to schedule an appointment with a gynecologist.

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog