Friday, May 6, 2011

The Good Wife

So here we are  again. My husband lost his job, and he was told it was due to overstaffing. I think it was because he was almost at the end of his 90-day probationary period and the company didn't want the expense of hiring him directly instead of through the temp agency, and since they had two women return from maternity leave, it was a choice they could make.

Still, it came out of the blue. Why is it so hard for him to find a job that helps us keep our heads above water?  Unfortunately, he didn't work there long enough to be eligible for unemployment, which ran out shortly before he started this job.

It is so hard to know how to be a good wife. I am totally falling apart inside, but my husband needs me to be encouraging and supportive right now. And naturally , this happens at my most hectic time of the semester.

We've been through this before, and I just don't know if I can do it again. I will, because I have to. But I have to wonder if I'll ever be able to feel a sense of hope again. Every time this happens, a piece of my spirit is extinguished. What if I get to a point where there's nothing left?

1 comment:

Moi said...

Hi, i know how you feel somewhat...we didnt loose our jobs yet, but i did have a big job lost scare before christmas! It was not a good feeling, i was really stressed and putting it on my fiances shoulders which was not right of me. After a while i sat down and realized how bitter i was getting, and knowing that it wasnt right of me to place this or blame on the person whom i love and cherish! So i changed, i had our home up for sale, was ready to downgrade everything we worked for because i realized what really mattered for me...and it was my family:) Money, material items nothing...matters more than my family:)
I always say "when your jobs is gone who is there for you...your family" Stay strong, i know how stressful this can be, but try to stick together, the more resentment you have, the more bitter you become...its not worth it:) Things will change around and will get better!!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog