Monday, October 19, 2009

six months and going

Well, it's been nearly six months six my husband became unemployed--and there are no prospects at the moment.  Every day, I think about all the mistakes we've made--financial decisions, moving here when it meant leaving a good-paying tenured position for me, getting into bad housekeeping habits, etc.  I wake up every morning and have to deal with all my failures.  I have to make difficult phone calls and difficult decisions, all the while supporting my husband through his own emotional response to this situation.

My heart is heavy.  While I know things will be okay eventually, some days it's just really hard.

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog