Friday, June 25, 2010

just a second....




This video is amazing.  First, it's just adorable, with these cute little girls giggling about clean underwear and repeating all the things they (and we) have heard as women.

Second, it's a project that has such an amazing message: GET A SECOND OPINION!  I will always be grateful that my former gynecologist was opposed to doing hysterectomies unless they were truly necessary.  She gave me many things to think about and pointed out that a uterus does so much more than grow babies.  Having this to think about for two years prepared me to to ask questions and learn what was best for me when my gynecological problems resumed.  I was opposed to a hysterectomy, but knowing what options were available helped me determine that it was the best option for me.

This video is part of a website that promotes the importance of women getting second opinions and being their own health advocates.  You can find the site at www.givemeasecond.com.

Aren't you worth a second?

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog