Saturday, October 2, 2010

Healing Has Commenced

Over the past few days, I've found that I've been in a better mood than I've been in for a long, long time.  It isn't that I suddenly feel positive and upbeat all the time.  (Given  my disposition, I doubt that's possible!)  But I find myself amused rather than annoyed by normal things (like student issues in the classroom, dropping something on the floor, seeing dog fur on the floor).  I am observing a sense of contentment in my heart at times.  I am enjoying the beautiful fall weather.

These are signs to me that I will return to normal with time.  And that in itself is so encouraging.  Even with the finances, I'm feeling a new outlook.  The amount of money will be no different, but having that money distributed every other week, in a larger amount, feels so different from literally going week-to-week, with obligatory reminders every Sunday to go online and submit the unemployment request.  I'm not sure why, but it does--and it's such a treat to feel anything new that isn't difficult, and that in itself is encouraging.

For now, I'm watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Hook on this Saturday morning, while I'm enjoying my coffee and waiting for cinnamon rolls to come out of the oven.  Today, life is good.

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog