Friday, January 28, 2011

Answered Prayers

It's been an interesting week.  Financially, emotionally, and physically, this has been one of our lowest weeks ever.  We both had the flu last week, and we are still trying to bounce back.  I have never felt as hopeless as I have this week.  Hubster finally applied for a job as a bagger at a grocery store, which took a great deal out of him for various reasons.  (Note: It is good, honest work.  It's just hard to be in the upper 40's and realizing you have to take a job that you can get with no job experience at all.)

And then good things happened.   The church secretary called with a lead on a manufacturing job.  It turned out that although they do need people to work on the floor (can you say "training in new job skills"?), they really need someone with hubster's background in logistics and warehouse work. 

We got a call a couple hours ago that he will have a job, starting Tuesday.  The pay is only minimum wage to start with, but a) it's a job! and b) their plan is to move him forward and upward as soon as possible and c) it's a job!

Meanwhile, I had a meeting today at one of our other campuses.  Someone in a non-instructional staff role will be leaving for a new school, and her absence will leave a hole for several months until her position can be approved and filled.  I will be filling in a couple days a week and will have a 40% appointment (which will involve an overload for me=$$).  It is work I've done before and that I enjoy.  The money will make a substantial difference for us, even if it's just for a few months.  I had been thinking about looking for part-time work but was distraught that I have no job experience and skills outside education and some public relations work.  I'm thrilled to have a chance to earn a bit more doing something I already have experience doing.

Both of these job opportunities are the results of people praying and paying attention to us.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog