Thursday, January 29, 2009

rough week

Wow. Working even part-time was hard this week--and I don't even have a hard job. I didn't have to teach today, so I spent all day on the couch. I'm a bit less tired than I was earlier in the week, but I've had to take my percocet two nights this week and I had some mild pain again today. For the past several hours, I've had a killer headache. At least it's a regular problem and not a surgical one.

My co-workers are the most wonderful people in the world. We haven't had to cook all week. We've been given a lot of pasta dishes, but they're yummy. We've had lasagna, macaroni and cheese, a spaghetti casserole, and a chicken pie.

I've had no energy, but I've found that I am enjoying being back at school and into a routine again, even though it's hard.

Today I watched the Blagojevich coverage. Although I live in Wisconsin now, I lived in Illinois for the first 36 years of my life and my parents and in-laws still live there. This must be so hard for his family.

Last night there was an open house at the high school for next year's freshmen, which include two of my own children. As next year's chair of the Site Council (kind of an advisory board consisting of parents, administrators, faculty, and students), I was there to talk with new high school parents. Fortunately, we had a place for me to sit in the computer lab and show people our updated website. It was nice to focus on something outside myself and still be comfortable. We live a block away from the high school, but I still drove. There are still some icy patches, and although I probably could have gotten there okay, I knew I would be tired coming home. My husband walked around with the kids.

I'm looking forward to the Superbowl on Sunday. Neither of the teams I like is in the game, so I'll enjoy eating and watching commercials. I'll be feeling good enough to make some of our food. I don't think we're having anybody over, but I enjoy just being with my family, too.

Tomorrow will be a strange day. I have just one class in the morning. The students will be writing an in-class practice paper, so all I need to do is sit while they work. But then I have a department meeting at 1. Maybe I'll try to clean my office. I have the best job to dress for. I can go to work in jeans and tennis shoes if I want, and if I wear a school sweatshirt I feel totally appropriate. I'm glad I don't have to wear heels!

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog