Monday, December 29, 2008

recovery

I can't believe the surgery is finally over.  The day of the surgery was quite difficult.  I vomited quite a few times throughout the day, due to either the general anesthesia or the morphine--and this was with the anti-nausea meds.  The nurses didn't even try to get me up and to the bathroom until around midnight.  I made it there, almost fainted, and then threw up.  So the catheter stayed with me for a while.  By 4 am I was able to walk all the way to the bathroom and back to the bed, and when I could do it again at 6 we removed the catheter.  It was amazing how much better I felt from one day to the next.  I was able to go home by 10:30 the morning after surgery.  Now I'm 3 days post-op.  I'm achier today than I was yesterday, but that's normal as the general anesthesia works its way out of my system.

I didn't nap yesterday or today, so I hope I can sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog