Monday, November 15, 2010

blessings

Life balances.

I started off my day yesterday crying over my blog entry.  (To be fair, I was crying anyway and the blogging was incidental.)

But then some lovely things happened.

When my husband got home, we had a real and good conversation about a "conversation" we'd had the evening before (which is probably what had set me off in the first place).  I felt like he really heard me, and that mattered so much.  I've been working hard at being respectful and not reactive for a while, and I felt like it was starting to make a difference.  Things felt more relaxed with him than they have for a while, and I felt comforted.

Then I logged on today to see that my friend Rita wrote such a lovely and heartfelt comment about my post yesterday.  She said some things that I really needed to be reminded of about my kids (thanks, Rita!).

I had come up early from school today, due to a combination sinus infection/tummy thing that caused me to let my last class go before it was scheduled to be over.  I was feeling quite "blah."  I just wanted someone to take care of me.  I asked Child #1 if he would be willing to go to the store to get me some juice and a thermometer.  Not only did he agree to do that, he offered to get things to make dinner for the family.

So this child I was worried about having ruined showed me that I hadn't broken my children after all.  When the need was there, he stepped up to the plate, shouldered the responsibility, and took care of another human being.

My heart warmed, and I was once again reminded that God will do what He wants with my kids despite my efforts and errors.  So all is well, and I am feeling blessed again today.

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog