Wednesday, May 13, 2009

feeling better

My husband seemed to be better today. When I came home from school, he was actually online looking at job postings--something I haven't seen him do yet. He found a position that he was interested in and then realized it was with a company he's dealt with in two of his previous positions. It was the first time he's seemed encouraged since he lost his job, so that was good.

All Wisconsin state employees will be expected to take 16 furlough days over the next two years. As a nine-month employee who is considered 80% for that time, I've been concerned about how that will work. I found out today that all the UW chancellors will be making a case to the governor that faculty and teaching staff should not have to bear a disproportionate share of furlough days, so I'm feeling a bit better about that, too.

I realized this evening that I've been holding together pretty well. I know that I'll physically and mentally feel better once I can break down and cry about all this--but I'm afraid to do that until Doug actually has a job. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll start crying and won't be able to stop. So I made it through another day. Yay.

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog