Tuesday, May 19, 2009

how can I not be freaked out?

I have no idea, but I'm not yet freaking out about the fact that my husband doesn't have a job. Perhaps I've been so prayed for that there is a buffer around me. Perhaps there is some lesson about what's truly important in life. He has started receiving weekly unemployment checks, and while that doesn't go far enough, it is comforting to know that the system is working right now.

I'm generally feeling pretty relaxed these days--too tired, perhaps, and behind in all my work, but I'm doing okay. I don't know how.

Right now is pretty terrific. I'm sitting on our sun porch. As cluttered as it is, I'm on the couch with my feet up on a table, the smell of my perfectly blooming lilacs blowing in on the breeze and the sounds of mowing and children in the background.

Life is good.

No comments:

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
the newest lists of book recommendationsthe best book recommendations are found at Flashlight Worthy
add this widget to your blog